2017 4-H HORSE & PONY SHOW
Wednesday, August 9
Show starts 8:00 AM; Show completed no later than 2:00 PM
Registration: begins at 7:00 AM
4-H Agent: Steve Conrad
(LOWER SHOW RING)
- All exhibitors must check in and register at announcer’s stand upon arriving at the fairgrounds.
- No entry into a class once the class begins.
- State 4-H rules and regulations apply.
All exhibitors MUST: - Be an enrolled Boone County 4-H member
- Have 6 hours of education from our certified horse volunteers
- Project horse must be used for class 1 (Showman of Showman).
- Record Book required for Showman of Showman entry. Enter Record Book on Monday, August 3 during 4-H Cloverville entry times.
- One entry per class per exhibitor. ***May only enter A or B in classes 4 and 5***.
- Exhibitors must report to the holding area when prior class enters the ring.
- Three (3) minutes allowed for tack change.
- Exhibitors are required to wear approved ASTI-SEI equestrian helmet while mounted. Chin strap must be buckled.
- Exhibitors must wear attire appropriate to their discipline. Short sleeves are acceptable, jackets not required. Jackets optional due to anticipated temperature. Blouses and shirts must be buttoned and tucked in. No T-shirts, sleeveless tops, tennis shoes, or ball caps.
- A 45 second limit will be placed on all contest classes (8-10). When a participant reaches the time limit they will be asked to leave the ring.
- In case of rain, Showman of Showman class will be held in the 4-H Livestock Barn.
- All classes apply towards the Travis Dunn Outstanding 4-H Equestrian Award.
- No Stalls will be available. Horses must be tied at trailers-all trailers must be off grounds by 3:30 PM unless showing Wednesday night.
|001||Showman of Showman (Record Book required)||12.00||10.00||8.00||5.00||3.00||R|
|004a||English Pleasure (walk, trot, favorite gait) ***||12.00||10.00||8.00||5.00||3.00||R|
|004b||English Pleasure (walk, trot, cantor) ***||12.00||10.00||8.00||5.00||3.00||R|
|005a||English Equitation (walk, trot, favorite gait) ***||12.00||10.00||8.00||5.00||3.00||R|
|005b||English Equitation (walk, trot, cantor) ***||12.00||10.00||8.00||5.00||3.00||R|
|006||Hunter Under Saddle||12.00||10.00||8.00||5.00||3.00||R|
|007||Hunt Seat Equitation||12.00||10.00||8.00||5.00||3.00||R|